Wearing the right shoe size can help protect your feet from a variety of foot related issues and injuries. Shoes should cushion and support the foot, feel comfortable, and fit properly. There are some important tips to remember to achieve the perfect fit. If you are participating in physical activities, it is important to purchase shoes that are made and designed for your type of activity, such as walking shoes, running shoes, or even hiking boots. Because our feet are at their largest towards the end of the day, it is suggested to have them measured in the afternoon or evening. Ask a sales person for help to ensure you use the brannock device correctly. Make sure the toes can be wiggled while wearing the shoes and it is also suggested to wear the socks you intend to wear with the shoes. Additionally, make sure the shoes are comfortable when walking around the store, and avoid shoes that are made with plastic or have a narrow toe box. If you have questions or need help making sure your shoes fit properly, please seek the advice of a podiatrist.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. Seek the assistance of David Jenson, DPM, FAENS from Jenson Foot and Ankle Specialist. Our doctor will provide the care you need to keep you pain-free and on your feet.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people who wear shoes that are the incorrect size, negatively affecting their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process, so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to choosing the right pair.
- When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot.
- Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes.
- Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently.
- Purchase shoes later in the day, as your feet swell as the day progresses.
- If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat them right. Picking the right pair of shoes can provide your feet comfort and mobility without pain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office located in The Woodlands, TX . We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.Read more about Getting the Right Shoe Size